Morning Oatmeal to fill you up and start your day!
I eat this probably 3-5 times a week, I'm a creature of habit. I change it up now and then and you can tailor to your liking. It isn't complicated and the only real "unique" thing is the homemade berry jam.
Old fashioned Oatmeal
1 Tbsp all natural Peanut or other nut butter (unsweetened, no added oils)
1-2 Tbsp Raspberry or other berry Jam ( see recipe below)
This one you don't even need me to tell you...make the oatmeal, add the toppings...and Voila!
But here is the recipe for the Jam..courtesy of faithfulplateful.com
- 3 cups frozen berries of choice
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- maple syrup or honey
- lemon juice (optional) for changing up the flavor
- Thaw berries in a bowel on counter for a couple hours until easily mashed.
- Add in 1-2 Tbsp of maple syrup to desired sweetness, and/or lemon juice or honey
- Mash all together, then throw in chia seeds and stir
- Put bowl in fridge with lid for at least 2 hours to let the chia seeds do their thing.
- Enjoy! Stays good in fridge for up to 2 weeks and can be frozen :)