Ok...this one comes from my dear friend Emily who let me literally pester her until I got this recipe to make tonight....yeah, I'm that friend. 🙋
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked in water for 2-4 hours or overnight
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional yeast (it's a powder usually found in the baking section....so yummy and cheesy tasting)
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice (fresh is best)
- Dash of Salt ( I love Kosher Coarse Grind)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can artichoke hearts chopped
- 1 bag frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup Veganaise
- Salt to tast
- Jalapeños or hot sauce if desired
- Slice bread, crackers, pita, naan...really whatever vehicle you want to use to get it in your mouth!
- Place drained cashews, nurtritional yeast, lemon juice, dash of salt and 2 cloves garlic in a small blender, food processor or Nutri bullet. Blend until peanut butter consistency. (Not Peter Pan, but like good ole natural peanut butter😄
- Now mix all the other ingredients together. This is where you can tailor to your taste..have fun add more veganaise to make creamer, add salt, add jalapeños, add hot sauce.
- Heat if desired on 350 for 20 min or until nice and hot and a little brown on top....or just go cold
- I like to serve with sliced baguettes, but you can use whatever you have or like.