This is your quick and easy, hit-the-spot, fried rice recipe. It's vegan, its healthy with only 1 Tbsp oil and of course Veggies are the star of the show!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, sesame oil or for oil free you can also skip this step and just use water...see note below
- 1 red onion
- 2 cups Shredded Carrots- see note below
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper (or whatever is your favorite)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 clove garlic minced or pressed
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 3 cups cauliflower rice (frozen) or 2 lbs cauliflower cut up into florets
- 1 cup edamame (optional)
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce or Tamari if GF
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup roasted, salted cashews
- Chopped green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
* Oil Note: To sauce without using oil, you can just add to already heated pot and use small amounts of water (about 1 Tbsp at a time to keep vegetables from sticking. (I'm going to try and do a whole post on Oil-free cooking once I complete my Forks Over Knives Cooking course)
* Note: instead of using the shredded carrots, peas and diced peppers, I have also used my organic "Mixed" veggies and just added until it "looked" like a good mix.
- Press Sauté on the Instant Pot (if you don't have an instant pot with a saute setting then simply sauté in a separate pan and transfer to instant pot after). Add olive oil, or skip, once pan is hot add the onion and other vegetables listed, except peas, or what you have chosen. Saute until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant or about one minute more. Press Cancel on the Instant Pot. (If using a separate pan, the place all items in Instant Pot now)
- Add the cauliflower rice, or cauliflower florets, soy sauce and salt to the Instant Pot. Stir. Place lid on Pot and place valve in sealing position. Select Manual/Pressure Cook to cook on hight pressure for 0 minutes. (No that is not a typo)
- When done, immediately release pressure by moving valve to Venting position. Remove lid when no longer venting and if you used cauliflower florets use a potato masher to break them up into small pieces. Don't worry if you get the other veggies too.
- If your using peas, you can add them now along with the cashews and just give it all a good stir and let it rest a couple minutes to warm/cook the peas.
- Serve with chopped green onions, sesame seeds, or whatever you like.