Casi's Original and Habitual Morning Smoothie
So this is literally the second thing I consume every day...right after coffee :) This recipe will make enough that you can have today's shake and tomorrows ready to go. (Unless you decide to share) If storing for the next day, make sure and store in an airtight, preferably glass container, and shake before drinking. You can really tailor this one to your liking, adding more fruit if you have a sweeter taste. I started with more pineapple in mine and then as time went on and we became accustomed to the "green" taste we weaned it to be more green then yellow. When choosing fruit, keep in mind that your berries and other reds, will make this smoothie brown instead of green. No big deal just an eye sore. Also make sure and add the ground ginger and turmeric for you best health benefits. There is a lot of information on the web about the benefits of these great roots. For easiest use, keep in the freezer still in the skin and just use a microplane grater right over your blender every morning. Enjoy!
- About 2 large handfuls of Greens: I usually use a mix of Spinach and Baby Kale. You can use whatever your taste prefers. I have even used the Power Green Mix from Costco with baby chard in it. Also great but definitely more "green" tasting
- 1-2 cups water to get the right consistency.
- One banana
- 1-2 cups frozen pineapple (or fresh, just would need to add ice to make this more of a smoothie)
- 1-2 Tbsp grated ginger root
- 1-2 Tbsp grated turmeric
- 1-2 Tbsp Chia seed or ground flax (If you use whole chia seeds, keep in mind that unless you have a powerful blender you will still have some seeds to drink)
- Place all ingredients in your blender depending on your blender instructions. My Vitamin is very picky about the order of ingredients :) But it comes out so smooth
- I would start with the lower end of the water amount and add as needed while blending.